Thursday, July 10, 2014

Summer Roadtrip with Grams

My mom and I are very similar in that we LOVE a good weekend away. This road trip was very spur of the moment. Kevin had a weekend fishing trip so we decided to head out of town too.   Our first stop was an outdoor home store.  Not what I was looking for but ended up LOVING the store and got some amazing ideas for our future home.  The boys favorite thing was this hanging chair. I could not get them out of it.  
Then we went to the boys favorite special request...Fritz's Train Place.  

Will was in Heaven...Zach is starting to think its not as cool as he thought it was when he was little but he was a good sport and played it up for Will.
 Next Stop Nordstrom and the Mall.  My mom gave both boys money to shop with.  Next thing you know they combined their money and bought 2 hermit crabs.  My biggest fear was caring for them in the summer heat and at the hotel. But the sales man reassured me they love the heat.  As much as I hesitated these crabs gave my mom and I extra shopping time at Nordy's and Dillards. The boys sat on the floor and watched their crabbies while we shopped, shopped, and shopped!

Mom and I really wanted to eat at Mimi's Cafe, one of our favorite places. They have the best salad, soup, quiche, and homemade muffins. We looked forward to it all day and then we pulled in and it was PERMANENTLY CLOSED!  What a bummer.  We ended up going to three other places but the wait was super long so we ended up at Houlihans.  In hindsight we should have just gone through the drive-thru at Chick-fil-A because Will was done.  I snapped this selfie to text Kevin. Will was terrible at dinner and our food was not good.

 Back at the hotel Spidey and Mickey played and played. They really responded to Grams.



 Then it was pool time!


It turned out to be a very quick trip but we had a lot of fun and made lots of memories! 

No comments:

Post a Comment