Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Will's New Friends....aka His Cousins!

A couple weeks ago my Brother-in-law and sweet nieces came to visit.  My sister-in-law was unable to come this time because she was with her mom....we missed her! They arrived on a Saturday early evening so we went out to MaMaw & PaPaws to see them.  Instantly they all re-connected. What's funny is Will did not remember them at all so he kept calling them HIS NEW FRIENDS.
We packed so much into the 6 days they were here that I can barely remember it all.  On Sunday we all went to church with my inlaws, had a delicious family lunch, and then had family pictures taken by my sweet friend, Lori. Lori came to us which was super nice and very easy.  We all love the pictures.. I just wish Aunt Kathy was in them.
Monday we went to White Water and then to Zach's baseball game.  It was a fun day!

The oldest cousin with the youngest cousin. They have a special bond!
Zach's cheering section at his game. This boy has no idea how lucky he is!

After the game my inlaws insisted that we go up to the office.  Kevin wasn't really wanting to open up the office and go up there but Karen just kept asking. I should have known something was up but I didn't.  When we got there my sweet inlaws brought in to wrapped gifts.  They had gotten their two sons new Henry rifle gun. The neatest thing is my father in law got the plates on the gun engraved with a bible verse...I can't remember which Psalms it is but it was something about a good son bringing pride to his parents...Need to look it up.
On Tuesday my sister drove an hour in the opposite direction to "kidnap" our Ruey and then we all met at the Keeter Center for lunch.  We loved having Ruey with us for another fun-filled day.
Cousin Lunch!

After lunch we went to see Jonah! The musical. It was good. The boys loved the underwater scenes.  Very impressive.


On Wednesday I had a dream morning with my nieces.  I dropped the boys off and took the girls to get manis & pedis.  We even had a little time for Target before we met everyone at Lamberts for thrown rolls.


I had to add another pic from our family shoot. These kids loved their time together.  Sweet Will kept asking when his friends were coming over every night when we got home.  He's still walking around asking about his new friends. Love this kid!
While we were at Target the girls and I picked up stuff for smores in the fire pit.  I had mentioned on the first night we were together that we like to look for frogs at MaMaw & PaPaws house.  Well it was a must do event but it didn't get squeezed in until the last night.  We all had our boots on to walk through the field to find frogs.  The funniest thing was all the adults thought I was nuts.  None of them actually thought we would go. But we did and it was the best time.  Within 10 minutes we had found 2 frogs.  The kids LOVED it!
Back with the FROGS!

Time with my sweet nieces was so much fun. They have grown up into very fine young ladies. Another huge blessing was seeing my brother-in-law Jeff.  He was in ICU for 5 days, the hospital for 9 days, and 6 weeks of rehab for a very rare disease he got in May.  Never did I think he would be able to drive to see us this summer. He still has symptoms but he is MUCH, MUCH better. We loved seeing him and thanking God for this MIRACLE!  

No comments:

Post a Comment