Thursday, January 2, 2014

Brothers

Recently we were at our friends Ryan & Becki's house in STL.  They are expecting baby #3…a boy after having 2 girls. We are beyond excited for them!  When we were up at their house over Christmas Break they asked if Kevin would mind moving Elin's furniture into Libby's room.  They are going to turn Elin's room into Baby Paxton's nursery. Of course Kevin did not mind at all.  We had no idea what this move was going to do to our boys.  They instantly wanted to move Will's nursery into Zach's room.  Zach even cried when we told him no.  Honestly I was floored. I always had my own room and if my parents ever suggested that I move into my sisters I would have been upset.  I loved having my own room.  So did my sister. With that said, a week has passed and they are still begging for it.  For the record we will not be moving anything in Will's room into Zach's. Zach's bedroom cannot fit another item in it…furniture, toys, posters, clothing…NADA! It is at max capacity. So the other night we let Will sleep in Zach's bed.  Will is still in his crib.  He has never tried to climb out so we have not converted it.  It was amazing because both boys slept all night long, did not get up, and did not stall at bedtime. 

Before I went to bed I had to snap a pic.  It was breathtaking and heart-warming at the same time.  Not sure how long this will last but we will let them do this every night until it becomes an issue. 

Zach 7 years, Will 27 months

No comments:

Post a Comment