Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Doing it myself!

We ordered a canvas collage from our annual family photo shoot.  We haven't ordered an entire collage since Zach was 3. Check out this post of how difficult it was to install 3 years ago. We decided it was time to add Will into the mix.  Out last collage is in a very difficult spot over our stairs. So we opted not to move it.  In 2010 we put up some custom vinyls that I loved. You can see that project here.  Unfortunately the letters in the bible verse were starting to peel off so we decided to take down the bedroom vinyls and put the collage up in our room.  Since November these canvas's have sat against our wall in plastic wrap.  I kept waiting for them to align themselves and go up on the wall but they didn't budge. Poor Kevin has been swamped at work. A blessing but it meant that any free time he had he was working on stuff for work.  So one morning I borrowed my inlays laser level and decided I could put it up myself. With the help of 3M command strips I did it!  I did it! I was so proud of myself. The boys were fantastic and played in their rooms while I got it up. When I texted Kevin at the office that it was done he was in complete SHOCK!  



When I texted my inlays that it was done I scared them to pieces. The assumed I did the stairwell all by myself. After a few texts I reassured them I was safe and did the install in our room.  They were relieved! I'm glad thats another project crossed off the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment