Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Years 2014

Somehow being a better blogger is always on my New Years Resolution Lists.  As I was reflecting on last year I realized one of the main reasons I was neglectful on my blog was time. I just felt like I never had time to edit my pictures, download my pictures, and then write a blog entry. However when I look back at my year on the blog I am frustrated because I missed so much.  Since this blog is like my scrapbook I am sad because I did not blog like I used to. So with that said I really am going to work on my blogging more.  Maybe more pics with little explanation…I don't know.  I have set my phone alarm to ding at me every night at 9am to update blog.  Whether it gets done or not at least I will have that little reminder.  This blog is one of the only things I do for me each year. It's totally for me…not for viewers, publicity, readers. Just me so that I can document the best years of our lives with 2 growing boys.  If I don't do it I will not have documentation or visual memories in the future. I think that's why I am sad our 2013 blog book will be the smallest on our shelves.  Only me to blame. So with that said here are my thoughts about 2013:

The Good: 

*Zach was baptized January 6th, 2013…first person in our church baptized for the year.
*Zach had a surgery for possible melanoma in March. God heard our prayers and it was benign.
*Kevin's practice continues to grow.
*Zachary became a very active reader (3rd grade level)
*Will started talking a lot.
*Mommy lost 20lbs between Jan 2012-January 2014…I'd show the before and after pic but I don't want to scare everyone.
*Kevin survived his 1st tax audit with the office with no penalties.
*We started designing our future home with an amazing architect.
*We paid off all of our student loans….HUGE blessing!
*Hilary's uncle survived a heart attack.
*Celebrated 10 years of marriage.
*Travelled to Kansas City, St. Louis, Hot Springs, Branson, Philadelphia, Punta Cana.

The Bad: 
*Grams was diagnosed with Macular Degeneration.  We are praying that God slows the blindness down and that vitamins and treatment will halt this disease.
*Hilary's grandfather, Freddy has had major health issues diagnosed.

The Ugly: 
*Hilary's 28 year old cousin, LaNee passed away unexpectedly November 30th, 2013.


These were just a few of our highlights to 2013.  When we looked back at our family goals for 2013 God blessed us more than we deserved. This year we are praying that we can seek Him more, Give more, Serve more, and Love more.

This year for New Years Eve we opted to stay home with our children.  We never like to go out and eat on NYE because it's overly crowded and terrible service.  Some years we like to ring in the New Year with Friends but this year we just wanted to spend it in our own house with our boys.  We had a fun & comfortable night. Kevin worked until 2…which he has never done before.  In fact I think it is a one time deal. He did not like it and I missed having him help me take down Christmas all day long.


At 3pm Zachary came up with our NYE Plans.
 I thought it would be fun if we put the ideas into balloons.  The boys loved it!

Balloon #1 Make Mini-pizzas (everything in the balloons was already planned Zach didn't realize I put in the already scheduled events in the correct numbered order…sometimes I am a genius)


 Balloon #1 Ticket
 Making Papa Murph's mini pizzas


 The boys couldn't wait to put on the party gear so we did that immediately after dinner. About 5 minutes into wearing the hats and lei's Will took mine off saying he didn't want me to "CHOKE". LOL!
                                                   

 6:00 pm on New Years eve
 Balloon #3 was pray for our year and make personal Goals….Zach made Will's goals to be potty trained and stop sucking his thumb.

Balloon # 4 Eat Dinner
Balloon #5 Family Xbox Sports Competition.  Here's Zach in full gear

 Balloon #6 Eat cookies we made earlier in the day
                                      
Balloon #7 Put on mustaches and take selfless
Balloon #8 Movie Night in Mom & Dad's Bed Smurfs 2

 Balloon #9 HAPPY NEW YEARS! Break out the  Sparkling Grape Juice (The boys thought this was the best thing of the night) and yell HAPPY NEW YEARS (

Party Poppers
                                      
Balloon #10 Brush teeth, Bedtime Devotion, and Good Nights 9:45 pm.!  WE all were sleeping by 10pm.  This might be my most favorite NYE ever!

On New Years Day we slept in then went to Village Inn for Breakfast!  This afternoon we are going to celebrate Kevin's belated birthday with dinner at my in-law's house with both sets of parents & sister's family.  I am in charge of bringing dessert so we are taking VI pies…Kevin's choice.  On the way out the door Zach insisted that we needed New Years Day photos to  show how much they grow through 2014.  Smart Kid!  Then he insisted that Mom & Dad get in a pic too.  Of course I obliged.  





 Happy New Years 2014! May God bless this year with health, happiness, and memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment