Friday, January 3, 2014

Left Over Christmas Cards

I LOVE CHRISTMAS CARD! LOVE THEM! Yes I used all-caps! That's how much I love them.  I hate throwing away everyones cards. It's expensive to make and send cards and I did not want them to go to waste.

For the past 10 years I have saved them.  I used to scrapbook ALL of them.  Then I realized there was no way that I could keep that up.  Then I just saved ours and scrapbooked that.  Then 7 years ago I had an ah-ha moment. 7 years ago I came up with the thing that I love more.  It's the best of both worlds without all the work of scrapbooking.  I started making Christmas Card Prayer Rings.  Here's what I do…

Go to Craft store and buy a 99 cent Jewelry Choker Necklace…

 Then as the cards are coming in I hole punch the middle of the card.  I display them on our Art Wall through out the month of December. Then in January I hang them on the ring.  I put our card on the front and tie matching ribbons on the ring.  I put the ribbon in between a stack of cards then at the top of the ring. I display each years ring all year round in my house.  Thought the week I will grab a ring of cards and flip through them. As I flip I say a quick prayer for that family and sometimes will text or e-mail that friend to let them know that I was thinking about them on that day.  It's amazing and sad to look back through some of the old card rings because people have passed away, gotten divorced, etc. But it's also exciting to look how families have grown too.  My husband asked what I was going to do with these rings in 15-20 years. Besides display them I am going to use them as High School Graduation gifts or Wedding presents.  I can scan pictures off old cards and make great gifts for Graduation or Weddings…at least that's my idea now.

Like I said I love Christmas Cards!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment