Monday, April 15, 2013

April Fools!

I love that Zachary is old enough to understand what April Fool's Day is all about.  My parents used to pull little pranks on us and I still remember them. So this year I did a little research on pin*trest. I decided I was going to make "Brownies".  It's kinda funny because my good friend/"kinda cousin", Kim posted on FB that she was doing this too.  Great minds think a like.

Anyways I made my "Brown E's"  while Will was taking a nap. It only look like 2 minutes. The fastest brownies I have ever made.  Then I put foil on them and waited for Zach to come home from school.


Fast forward to 4:00. All Zach wanted to do was play outside so I made him stay in and eat my brownies.  I didn't get the reaction I thought I would.  He just pulled the foil off, said BROWN E's!, and then went outside.  Bummer!  Then I quickly decided that we were going to do the same thing to Kevin after dinner.  

Oh man, it was hard for Zach & I to keep a secret. It seemed that Kevin ate so slow. I informed him we made brownies.  He said, "Man that's just what I needed. Mind you, I never make dessert so he was REALLY excited. He finished his meal, got up and got a glass of milk, and was ready for my dessert.  Zach took him the covered plate. And this was the reaction....
 To say he was bummed was an understatement.  He did think it was an awesome April Fool's Day prank.  He laughed and then got a spoonful of Nutella. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment