Friday, April 26, 2013

Perspective

When my oldest son was a baby I used to get super frustrated or tired of messes.  I felt like every time I turned around I was cleaning something up. Oh wait...I was.  This time around 5 years later with son #2, I am still cleaning up messes. However I have taken on a new approach. My husband has too.  We have seen how fast our boys are growing up.  Zachary hardly needs my help for anything, except getting those darn dirty baseball cleats on.  He's so independent. I am happy and proud of him for being able to be self reliant however it makes me sad to see how fast time has flown by.  I know in about 5 more years he won't even want to hang out with me.  At least he still needs hugs and kisses.  Baby 19 month old Will still needs his momma to help him to everything. It's exhausting but this time around I am enjoying every second. Even if it is demanding, exhausting, and messy.  Both of my boys LOVED/LOVE to feed themselves.  They want to do it by themselves. So we let them and then clean up the after math. Here's a daily example of our post lunch table....

 Exhibit B: Will's chair and the floor. This is about the only reason I would see why we need a puppy.  However it isn't enough to make me go to the shelter and get one.

This used to frustrate me but I am realizing that God gave us this day and stage. It's a blessing.  It's a blessing for me to be a momma to these precious and messy boys.  It's a gift.  I treasure it and will look back one day sad that they have moved on and don't need their momma.  So today I am looking at my day in paradise (aka a messy kitchen) and giving thanks to God for my baby's.  I love them so!

1 comment: